Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oreos

Oreos are amazing. I love them so much, and think that they're practically perfect straight out of the package. However...I recently saw a picture of chocolate cookies [regular cookies, not oreos] dipped in white chocolate and then in crushed candy canes. And I became obsessed. Oreos + white chocolate + candy canes = a magical, wonderful dessert. It's simple math. I have been thinking about these for at least a week, and possibly even dreaming about them at night. Possibly. However, since it is mid-June, there are no candy canes to be found. A different type of peppermint candy is unacceptable - I NEED to have candy canes. So, it seems that this glorious dessert will have to wait. This did not sway me from my desire for oreos. I bought some today, and dipped them in white chocolate, then in crushed Heath bar. I only made 4 of them so that I wouldn't be tempted to overindulge. I wanted to take a picture because they are oh so beautiful, but there is only one left...I guess I have an excuse to make more! Pictures to come, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment